- KAYA&KATO is a commercial enterprise that aims to make a profit. However, profit maximisation and expansion are not the exclusive goals of the company.
- KAYA&KATO makes products. They are the reason why the company exists. Our goal is to make the best possible products for our customers. They should be durable and their production should use as few natural resources as possible.
- KAYA&KATO strives to do no harm with its business activities, but wherever possible to be better than existing market solutions in ecological and social terms. We want to contribute to these improvements through our activities. Our activities in this regard are constantly reviewed, re-evaluated and, if necessary, corrected.
- All KAYA&KATO employees are aware that our products are made by people. This applies from the cultivation of the raw materials to the final product. It is only through them that we can operate successfully. It is fundamentally important to us that all people involved in the creation of our products receive humane and respectful treatment - always. In this respect, we explicitly refer to the ILO core labour standards and the ten principles of the Global Compact. If our employees become aware of violations or see them personally, they are encouraged to bring these violations up for discussion immediately so that action can be taken if necessary.
- In order to mitigate and minimise possible negative consequences of our trade and to contribute to improvements, we support institutions, organisations, research institutes and committed groups. We also rely on their expertise in our actions.
- All the values we live by externally also apply internally at all levels of our operations. We depend on the expertise of our employees for our success. To this end, we encourage and demand open communication, an atmosphere of cooperation and mutual support, while striving for dynamism and innovation. Passion for what KAYA&KATO stands for, what we make and the issues we deal with are fundamental to our employees, because that is the prerequisite for the most important thing at work: fun and satisfaction.
The sequence of points does not represent any weighting. Status / 2019
Stefan Rennicke, CEO Stefanie Rennicke, Prokuristin
The principles of our environmental policy
KAYA&KATO pursues economically sensible and ecologically responsible environmental protection.
The idea of environmental protection is incorporated into daily work in all functions and at all levels of the company.
KAYA&KATO strives to make transport routes and business trips environmentally friendly and to keep the CO2 footprint low. As a matter of principle, goods transports and business trips are CO2 compensated.
Deliveries are made with DHL Green and air travel is avoided wherever possible.
We implement numerous concrete measures as part of our daily work: These include separating waste in the office, banning disposable coffee cups, offsetting business trips in cooperation with the company atmosfair, etc. In this regard, we strive for continuous improvement.
Initiatives by our employees to improve our processes and procedures are welcomed and of great importance to KAYA&KATO.
Our suppliers are included in KAYA&KATO's environmental policy and we make sure that our partners act in an environmentally friendly way.
KAYA&KATO's goal is to produce the best possible products. They should be durable and their production should use as few natural resources as possible.
KAYA&KATO strives to do no harm with its business activities, but wherever possible to be better than existing market solutions in ecological and social terms. We want to contribute to these improvements with our activities. Our activities in this regard are constantly reviewed, re-evaluated and, if necessary, corrected.
KAYA&KATO strives to minimize the use of raw materials, emissions and waste in the manufacture of its products, and to use innovative and environmentally friendly materials and natural materials.
In the future, KAYA&KATO will take even greater account of the life cycle of the products it puts on sale. This will be done on three pillars: in our own production, by convincing customers and in cooperation with our partners.
The sequence of points does not represent a weighting.
Status / 2020